When using a Dell XPS (we’re using the 13″ 9360 Model) with the new Thunderbolt USB Type-C docking station. Trying to use an external keyboard connected to the dock to input the BitLocker pin and the keyboard doesn’t respond.
This can be resolved with a few simple steps.
- Boot up into windows, go to bitlocker manager and suspend bitlocker (This is temporary).
- Restart and boot into the bios/setup menu. (F12 on start-up)
- Go to the Boot Sequence tab on the left and click Add Boot Option.
- Give the boot option a name, like HardDrive.
- Under File Name use the browsing button (…) and go to EFI>Microsoft>Boot
- In here select bootmgrfw.efi then click Ok, and Ok again to set up the boot option.
- Move the HardDrive boot option to the top of the list using the arrows.
- Boot into windows and check that the Bitlocker has been re-enabled.
- Voila, thats it. Your external Keyboard will now work with the USB C docking stations.